The Alabama Association of Arson Investigators, Inc.
Become a member today!
Enjoy the benefits of membership in the association with other professionals who work on a daily basis to combat arson and kindred crimes. Your membership entitles you to discounts on A. A. A. I. seminars and events.
Members participate in voting and if you are also a member of the Internation Association of Arson Investigators (I. A. A. I.), you are eligible to run for a position as an officer or serve on the board of directors in the Association.
To apply for membership in the International Association of Arson Investigators, you will need to do that separately, go to their website ->
I. A. A. I.
AAAI membership is $20.00 per year.
IAAI membership is $75.00 per year.
Download an application and submit it today !
Form completion tips:
Download and fill in the fields.
Save form to a location in your computer.
Submit it by emailing as an attachment. For convenience, you can click on the email link below and add it as an attachment.
Pay online (below) or print and mail it with a check payable to A. A. A. I. (address below).
To make payment with a credit card, use the button below:
Annual Membership $20.00
To submit your application: Complete, sign and fax to 205-995-8232 or mail to:
A. A. A. I.
151 Business Center
Birmingham, AL 35244
To email your completed form as an attachment Click Here
(review of your application will not be completed until the signed form and payment are received)
After your signed application and dues have been received, the A.A.A.I. Board of Directors will consider you for membership. If accepted, you will recieve your membership card and a copy of the bylaws and a current membership directory.
To download a renewal form: CLICK HERE
Please fill out the form.
Annual Membership renewal is $20.00
Part of the class at the 2013 Seminar. Dr. Dian Williams is giving a presentation about firesetters and their types.
I.A.A.I. Enhanced chapter details
In April of this year, after much deliberation, the board of the AAAI voted to become an Enhanced Chapter of the International Association of Arson Investigators (IAAI). This means the I.A.A.I. will be the one “go-to” place for A.A.A.I. Seminar registrations, testing, certificates and membership matters.
This will remove a large amount of time consuming work from the board members. This did not come without some additional cost to A.A.A.I. so to defray part of the cost, it was necessary to increase the dues by five dollars.
What this means for membership applications and renewals:
- To apply for membership in the A.A.A.I. (only), go to the A.A.A.I. Membership page and click to apply or renew and you will be directed to the I.A.A.I. Website where you can complete the process and pay. Your anniversary date will be November 1, each year.
- If you are an I.A.A.I. Member and A.A.A.I. Member you will be able to renew both memberships at one time with a single payment. Your dues anniversary will be when you originally joined the I.A.A.I.
- For organizations with more than one employee who is a member of either or both, by calling the IAAI membership department, they can arrange to have all members consolidated onto one invoice with each member listed. This will be a benefit to organizations with multiple members, such as Fire Departments, Police Departments and large companies.
What this means for the Fall Seminar:
- When you go to the A.A.A.I. Seminar page and click to register, you will be directed to the I.A.A.I. Website to complete registration and pay.
- Testing for the Seminar will be through the I.A.A.I. Online (C.F.I. Trainer) and certificates will be available there too.
- Vendors will continue to register and pay through the A.A.A.I. website on the Seminar page, as they have done in the past.
It may take a little time to get used to the new way of handling membership, and the transition may be a challenge. I really believe that in the long run, this will be beneficial to both the members and the A.A.A.I. organization.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or Phillip Thompson, membership director of the A.A.A.I.
R Wes Pullen, President, AAAI